masculinity, hot take after an overdose on math Show more
"Masculinity" is a meta-trait.
* People can have traits that distinguish them from other people.
* Two people with the same trait never express it identically; ergo, a trait is actually set of trait-expressions
* Masculinity describes a subset of such a trait-expression (for some traits), i.e. masculinity is a property that distinguishes trait-expressions from each other.
Okay, I want to try to focus my spare-time-project-energy for the coming months.
I will do my very best to restrain myself to three projects:
1. Getting #GardenGame to a minimal playable state, so y'all can start making small virtual gardens. I'm not good at graphics, so keep expectations low for the first release.
When I think of a future with Open Social Media, I imagine three pillars.
1) Microblogging (ActivityPub), for sharing thoughts with strangers, ephemeral community building, and broad+global reach.
2) Forum / Stable Community (no good solution yet, AFAIK), for discussing, planning, buying/selling locally. All within a distinct group of people, membership of which can be managed.
3) Peer2Peer (Scuttlebutt?), for talking directly to friends, family, nearby people, and easily sharing files.
My 15yo kid just came out to me tonight as trans male. In order to be more supportive, I would really like some feedback from other trans folks on how to assist or better understand this process, especially on how that works today vs 30 years ago.
Caveat- I had a parent who is trans, but this isn't the same kind of relationship. I would actually be assisting my minor child in this change, so that makes me a more active participant in the process.
Feel free to boost. #trans
4.0 - Star Wars (theatrical)
4.0.1 - Star Wars (theatrical, mono mix)
4.0.2 - Star Wars (theatrical, 70mm)
4.1 - Retitled to Episode IV - A New Hope.
4.1.1 - VHS
4.1.2 - LaserDisc
4.0.3 - LaserDisc/VHS release of theatrical version
4.2 - Special Edition
Peertube meta, YouTube meta. Show more
Fyi Peertube has practically no moderation tools stop recommending it to people. Any and every Peertube instance I've seen gets filled up with nazi garbage because there's no way to stop that.
misinformation, Boomers, Elder Scrolls Show more
Boomers are actually a nation of elves from Tamriel, related to the Dunmers of Morrowind.
A long time ago a cataclysmic event turned them all into ghosts, and now they only appear on a single night in the fall, yelling "Boo" at anyone who sees them.
The traditional response to this is to say "It's okay, you're a boomer, you can rest now". That is a lot to say when thirty ghosts are charging you however, so it often gets shortened to "Ok Boomer".
Link lifted from this beautiful thread: https://toot.cat/@garbados/101728693811785188
Dinosaurs didn't go extinct. Only the big slow ones did that.
The smart ones learned to fly and start fires.
you know, if #peertube had listened to the POC who were telling them MONTHS AGO that they needed to prioritize moderation tools more highly, maybe there would be more PT instances that aren't complete cesspools
just a thought
Think about it like this.
These bigots harass us because they want us to be afraid because they are TERRIFIED of us.
The fedi is changing because we're figuring out how to work together and they rely on us not making those connections.
There is the fedi that wants to emulate Birdland, FB, etc and I bear them no ill will.
But there is the fedi where we're building a whole new context brick by brick.
And it scares bigots b/c the rules they've become accustomed to aren't working anymore.
You know how glasses are fashion accessories now? I love that but we should make all accessibility devices like that
Like fuck dude a cool cane looks so good with that nice suit, wow is that a hearing aid? It goes so well with your black windbreaker and totally adds to the techwear aesthetic
Damn uour wheelchair looks great I love the color, what did you do to your wheels they compliment your dress so nicely